Thursday, February 10, 2011

Adventures in Domestic Arts

It was a pretty mellow day here in sunny Monterey. Sketch learned the hard way that sometimes even when it's sunny out there are chores to be done.
So we started with some laundry. Sketch was super curious about the big machine that I put the dirty towels in to make them clean again. I'm not sure that Sketch fully realizes that although washing machines are great for towels they are not so great for little owls made out of wool.
So then we had to fold towels. Sketch and Gordie are pretty good at folding smaller things like dishrags and washcloths. I am definitely remembering this for future folding sessions. Luckily Sketch enjoyed folding towels way more than sorting socks.
After making Gordie for Soph, I promised Bee that I'd make a pig for her too. Sketch was very interested in where he came from and wanted to help with the construction of Miss Piggie Bacon. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a little off kilter for him to help.... so I just let him add some stuffing.
Life isn't all laundry and knitting (though it should be all knitting - that is neither here nor there). So the two little guys took a little break and Bee tried to show them how to play on the Wii.
Sketch couldn't quite see from where he was so he moved a little closer to get a better view. I'm a little proud to see him wearing the safety strap. I'd hate to end up on "Sh*t My Kids Ruined" because my owl decided to get a little over zealous with the Wii controler.
We went to the park for a little bit. Then I caught Sketch trying to steal some of Kristine's chips. Not cool litter bird! Clearly we'll have to work on his manners. It happened to get really windy about the same time - so we didn't stay very long.
I left him to his own accord for 10 minutes and this is what I get. Damn bird got into my buttons. Not quite sure why - I think he may be jealous of the pigs' noses. Still - there is no excuse.
Then Sketch decided to rat out Soph and Bee. Yes, we both had a serious anxiety attack when opening the door to their room. I guess birds and small girls are not to be left to "do their own thing" quietly for more than 5 minutes at a time. I didn't have the time or energy to argue with Soph and Bee; I just wanted their room cleaned. So, I did it myself... mostly.
While Sketch took up residence in Bee's dollhouse. Can't say I blame the guy much.... it was the cleanest part of their room.

So, I did clean it up "mostly", and by "mostly" I mean I got pretty frustrated with the magnitude of their mess and quit. I think it's about time I return to the cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns