Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Adventures in Sickly x3

Alas- Soph, Bee and I are sickly. The Hubs seems to be a bit under the weather, but I'm pretty sure us home-bodies got the brunt of the bug. Sketch and his little friends have been going out of their mind with boredom. They are definitely on their way to stir crazy, as are the rest of us. Now that the rain finally came and pulled all the pollen out of the air, maybe we'll start to take a turn upward. We were able to have a few adventures despite our less than favorable health conditions. I'm sure the innocent bystanders that have been exposed to our plague thank us - (You're welcome Monterey Peninsula, please remember that sharing is caring)

If I had to pick one person to blame for starting this joyous plague-like illness, I'm pretty sure it would be Bee. Don't be confused by the sad sad face. She started it. I'm willing to forgive her, after all she is rather pathetic looking in this picture. Sketch wanted to try and cheer her up, but was weary to get to close. After all, she was the epicenter.  

Since Sketch was feeling just fine, he was pretty bitter that we were cooped up indoors on such a nice day. Especially since he has a sweet new hat. 

Kristine came around and saved me from going stir crazy. Sketch was entirely beside himself to finally escape from our house - which should definitely be under quarantine. Despite his joy to escape, he's still a safety first kinda bird.

Our crazy night on the town was pretty exciting for Sketch. He got to go places he had never been before. Such as the Seaside Library, and the Borders Express at the Del Monte Shopping center. Both of which were mildly disappointing, with the except of a few sweet sweet finds - guess it wasn't really that disappointing after all.
He felt so at home in the teeny tiny little knitting section. I think his book selection may be a hint that I need to practice my "skills" a little more. I'm feeling kind so I wont let the bird get to me this time. (Last chance bird)
He truly enjoyed looking at the spoils of our excursion. I did too. They were pretty swell. He even helped me pick out what to knit next.
We opted for some absolutely adorable Russian Nesting Dolls. They're just about done, so expect a picture soon. (They really are cute enough to share)

Being that the Hubs is mostly well, he thought it would be a good idea to go to City Diner for some food. Probably because I haven't gone grocery shopping in... well - a shamefully long time. Nothing says awesome like 2 families of snot nosed kids that are hacking up portions of their lungs and their equally ill mothers in a food serving establishment.MmmmMMM! Eat up folks! 
It didn't seem to effect the Hubs' appetites, nor Sketch's.
My Hub got the Philipino Breakfast or something like that. Not really my cup of tea, but he enjoyed it. Hubs definitely grabbed it from Sketch just in time, because I'm pretty sure he was going to eat the heck outta that meat item. Pretty sure there would have been a fight if that had happened.

Sometime that day, or the next... (I have lost all concept of time) Bee spiked a pretty good fever. After we couldn't get it lower than 101 by day 4 I figured perhaps it was time for a trip to the ER (thank you Tri-Care and tax payers for paying for Bee's trip to the ER at 10:30pm on a Sunday). Bee hates the doctor. Actually, that may actually be the largest understatement ever - I think that doctors may in fact be the bane of her 3 year old existence. She was actually really great at the hopsital. Partially due to the fact that I accidentally lied to her and told her that good little girls who let the nurses take all their vitals don't get shots if they're just sick. 
Well paint me pink and call me Nancy - Her fever had nothing to do with being sick, turns out she had a pretty nasty UTI that evolved into a bladder infection which definitely required a shot of antibiotic in the rear. She's still pretty pissed at me. After the doctor gave her the shot she no longer wanted to lay on the bed for fear of another sneak attack. (Did I forget to mention that she had fallen asleep and knowing that she wouldn't let the nurse anywhere near her with a need when awake I just held her down and she woke up to a needle in the butt? Yeah - I'm a horrible mother... I accept that)
... I digress. So Sketch and Miss Piggie Bacon decided that since it was their first trip to the ER they should give the patient/doctor thing a go, Bee's request probably is what sparked their interest. 
Miss Piggie Bacon was a pretty decent doctor, and Sketch was a little anxious just pretending to be a patient. Luckily we got to go home a few minutes later. 
Bee is on her way to all better, her fever broke sometime Monday morning and she's been sleeping a lot - which she definitely needs. Hopefully we will be back to our regularly unscheduled adventures soon (or at least before we all lose our minds stuck in this house)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns